I'm baaaack!~ the reason I haven't posted for a while now is because I went on a super awesome trip with my family. We went to Venice for four days! There were so many fun things to do there, like looking at all the blown glass, visiting museums and churches, and riding the boats through the river. The best part was when we went to Murano, which is a little island near Venice where a lot of the glass is made. We got to see a man make a horse out of glass. He melted a blob of it and stretched it into a horse using pliers and a big stick and probably a magic wand. Then he told us all not to touch the horse, and put a piece of paper on it. Which burst into flames. Nobody really questioned him after that.
|Happy Birthday Joey!!!|
This was Joey's birthday cake! We left pretty soon after he had it so I didn't have any time to post it. I was hoping he would pick a cake with icing and everything, but when I tried this cake I knew it was better than any layer cake he could have picked! It's dense, creamy, sweet and tart all at the same time. We used the graham crackers we got in America to make the crust, which was probably my favorite part.
First, make the crust! Crush up your graham crackers or any other cookie in the blender. Oreos or gingersnaps would be yummy too.
Blend them like so:
...and then add the sugar and butter. I dare you not to eat this stuff.
|Who likes the snoopy dish :D|
Mix it all up and press it into a 24cm springform pan! Mua ha ha metric system.
Now start working on the filling! Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius (350 degrees fahrenheit). Put the cream cheese, flour, and sugar in a large bowl and mix it up. It should be nice and creamy.
Add the vanilla and eggs, and mix it in until it's all smooth and you can't see any eggs. Then add the lemon juice and stir that in too. Then, whip the cream until it's fluffy, and carefully fold it in. At this point my bowl overflowed, so make sure to pick a big one ;]
Line a baking pan with baking paper. Pour the creamy mix into the springform pan and put it on the sheet. Use a spoon so that you can lick it afterwards :D
Bake the cheesecake at 180 celcius (350 fahrenheit) on the lowest rack for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes lower the temperature to 150 (300) degrees. Bake it for one more hour. DO NOT open the oven!!! If you do the cake will collapse and you will be very sad and the cake will never get to fulfill it's dream of getting eaten.
Pull it out of the oven and let it cool! Then put it in the fridge for a few hours and serve.
Or first you can decorate it!
Fills 1 24cm springform pan
For the crust:
- 125g graham crackers or other dry cookies
- 6 1/2 tablespoons butter (about 85g)
- 3 TBSP sugar
- 600g cream cheese
- 50g all-purpose flour
- 180g sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 100g heavy cream
- Crush up the crackers and put them in a bowl.
- Add the sugar and butter, and mix it with your hands.
- Press it into a springform pan.
- Preheat the oven to 180 (350) degrees.
- Mix the cheese, flour and sugar in a large bowl. Stir in the vanilla, eggs and lemon until smooth and creamy.
- Whip the cream using a hand mixer until it's light and fluffy. Carefully fold it in.
- Pour it all into the pan!
- Line a baking pan with baking paper and place the springform on it. Bake it on the lowest rack for 15 minutes, then lower the heat to 150 (300) degrees and bake for one more hour. DON'T OPEN IT or it will collapse!!!
- Take the cake out and let it cool. Then chill it in the fridge and serve!