These ham and egg pastries are a great Sunday brunch! You can really put anything you want on them and it'll still taste good. This one is my favorite so far. It has a layer of cheese (I used gruyere because gruyere is awesome), ham, an egg and a spinach circle, which also helps to make sure the egg doesn't run all over your oven.
You start by getting a pastry sheet and cutting it up.
Then you bake them. Take the baking time on the back of the package and subtract about 10 minutes, the time it takes to cook the egg.
Then you cover the whole thing with cheese, ham, and spinach. I cracked the eggs in a bowl first and then poured it into the spinach bowls.
Bake them until the eggs are done, 8-12 minutes depending on how you like your eggs. Take them out of the oven and enjoy!
Ham and Egg Pastries
Makes 4 pastries
- One store-bought pastry sheet, or you could make your own ;]
- A block of any melting cheese
- 12 pieces of thin ham, or 8 pieces of bologna-type ham
- 250g cooked spinach, chopped
- 4 eggs
- Take the pastry sheet and cut it into four. Fold in the crusts.
- Brush it with water and bake it for about 5 minutes, depending on your pastry sheet.
- Sprinkle it with cheese, top with ham, and use the spinach to make a bowl for the eggs.
- Crack the eggs in a bowl and pour them into the spinach bowls, one by one.
- Top with more cheese if you want, and bake them until the eggs are done.
Recipe Source: Our family ;D